ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY -- RESEARCH
Studying and sharing Kent's past
Cantiana Vol. 58 - 1945 page 13
THE MEDIEVAL PAINTED GLASS OF CHILHAM. By C.
R. Councer, F.S.A. Continued
the relevant period, Beatrice (d. 1415) wife of
Thomas, fifth Baron de Roos?]
"In the Western window is the head of an ox, part of
the symbol of St. Luke, with the motto SANCTUS LUCAS"
One other small fact which emerges from this description should be
noted: the Darells and Thwaits shields had already disappeared by 1794.
Had they been still there it is very unlikely that the careful Cozens
would not have noted them.
Page 13 (This page was
prepared for the website by Aaron Meyer)
Back to Page Listings Next
For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent
Archaeological Society click
Contents Page Back to Arch. Cant. List
to Publications On-line Back
to Research Page Back to Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 14th February 2005
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
gratefully received so
that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please
send details too email@example.com