The benefits available include:
- Receive the Society’s annual journal Archaeologia Cantiana which is a volume of about 300 pages with papers on historical research and fieldwork relating to Kent and notes about discoveries.
- Receive the Society’s Newsletter which is published two times a year. It contains news of forthcoming activities, reports of past activities, letters, reviews and short articles.
- Use the Society’s Library in Maidstone Museum for research. It contains a large collection of books on archaeology and local history, archaeological journals and a complete set of Archaeologia Cantiana. On Wednesdays there are usually experienced members of the Society present to provide help. The Library catalogue is now on-line at www.kentarchaeology.ac
- Attend lectures, day schools etc. at members’ rates.
- Receive advice from the Society’s Hon. Curator.
- Receive the Society’s publications at members’ prices. A list can be obtained from the Hon. General Secretary.
The types of membership available to new members are:
- Joint, two adults in the same household who receive between them one copy of publications issued free to members.
- Junior, who must not be over 25 years of age.
Affiliated societies, which carry on similar work to the Society in Kent. They receive one copy of
publications issued free to members and can send one voting member to general meetings. Their
members are usually able to take part in the Society’s activities on the same terms as other members.
Institutional subscribers which are interested in history or archaeology. They are not members of
the Society but are entitled to receive a copy of Archaeologia Cantiana. There are a large number
of these, mostly universities and learned societies, around the world.
Subscription Rates From 1 January 2012:
|Junior member (not over 25):
||Life membership: please apply
* Life membership is available. The cost is based on life annuity rates and details may be obtained from the Hon. Membership Secretary.