KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

        Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 77  1962  page v + vi

Contents

Page

List of Officers, xii ; List of Local Secretaries, xiv; Committees, xv; Corresponding Societies,
 xvii; List of Members, xviii. Report for 1962 xlii ; Accounts for 1961 lii ;
 Archaeologia Cantiana Fund—Donations, 1962  liv
1. Lee Priory and the Brydges Circle. By Robert H. Goodsall, F.S.A. 01
2. Excavation of a Moated Site at Pivington. By S. E. Rigold 27
3. Heraldic Painted Glass in the Church of St. Lawrence, Mereworth. 
   By C. R. Councer, F.S.A.

48
4. Changes in the Course of the Rother. By W. V. Rendel 63
5. The Stalls in St. Catherine’s Church at Preston. By Olga Matthiesen 77
6. The Vanishing Houses of Kent
   1. Durlock Grange, Minster-in-Thanet. By E. W. Parkin
  
2. A Destroyed Timber House at Darenth. By P. J. Tester, F.S.A.

82
91
7. Chatham—the Hill House (1567-1805). By Frederick Cull, F.R.I.C.S. 95
8. Springhead: Temples II and V. By W. S. Penn, B.Sc. 110
9. Filston in Shoreham: a Note on the Place-Name. By N. H. MacMichael, F.S.A. 133

Contents continued page vi

10. The Horse Deity of Roman Canterbury. By Frank Jenkins, F.S.A. 142
11. Two Brasses
   A Newly-found Brass from Herne Church. By H. F. Gough
   The Crepehege Brass at Darenth. By John F. L. Caiger

148
153
12. A Pair of Gilt Bronze Mounts in the Gravesend Museum. By David M. Wilson, M.A., F.S.A. 156
13. People and Homes in the Medway Towns: 1687-1783. By A. J. F. Dulley, M.A. 160
14. Some Early Kentish Estate Maps and a Note on their Portrayal of Field Boundaries. 
   By Alan B. H. Baker, B.A.

177
15. Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1960-62 185
16. Researches and Discoveries in Kent 190
17. Miscellaneous Notes
   Ightham : An Account Book 1750-54
   Plumstead : St Nicholas Church
   Cobham : Roman Villa
   Colour Slides

212
215
219
219
18. Reviews 220
19. Obituaries 224
20. General Index 227

 Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line    Back to Research Page     Back to Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2002, links to most articles added September 2014

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs.  Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk