KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

        Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 74  1960  page v + vi

Contents

Page

List of Officers, xii ; List of Local Secretaries, xiv ; Committees, xv ; Corresponding
    Societies, xvi ; List of Members, xviii ; Accounts for 1959 xli ;
    Archaeologia Cantiana Fund—Donations, 1960  xliii
1. The Descent of the Manor of Evegate in Smeeth with Some Account of its Lords. 
   By N. H. MacMichael

01
2. The Round Barrows of East Kent. By P. Ashbee, F.S.A., and G. C. Dunning, F.S.A. 48
3. A Neolithic Pit and Other Finds from Wingham, East Kent. By Ernest Greenfield 58
4. Town Clerk of Sandwich, 1768-1785. By Colin Matson 73
5. Some Early Chalkwells in N. W. Kent. By John E. L. Caiger 81
6. More Kentish Bee Boles. By Mrs. V. F. Desborough 91
7. The Island Road. By David S. Stafford 95
8. Eltham Palace. By Anthony Emery 99
9. Springhead: Temples III and IV. By W. S. Penn, B.Sc. 113
10. Mary-le-bone Hill, Sandwich. By J. D. Ogilvie 141
11. Two Pottery Kilns and a Tilery of the Roman Period at Canterbury (Durovernum
    Cantiacorum).
By Frank Jenkins, F.S.A.

151

Contents continued page vi

12.

Thurnham Roman Villa. By Elizabeth Pine

162
13. Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1959-60 171
14. Researches and Discoveries in Kent 177
15. Miscellaneous Notes 200
16. Reviews 207
17. Obituaries 210
18. General Index 212

 Back to Arch. Cant. List       Back to Publications On-line       Back to Research Page        Back to Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2002, links to most articles added September 2014

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs.  Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk