KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 72 - 1958  page 184
                         
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1957-58   Continued

1860-1919; Church Restoration Committee minutes, 1873-5; overseers’ rates, 1800-31; accounts, 1598-1825; poor law papers, 1610-1842; charity accounts, 1770-1841; tithe map and apportionment, 1843.

SCHOOL RECORDS
   Log books of Adisham National School, 1865-1910 [CAT. Mk. C/ES3].
   Managers’ minutes of Sheerness and Minster School Board, 1902-7 [CAT. Mk. C/EB28].

GUARDIANS RECORDS
   Eastry Union [CAT. Mk. G/Ea]. Minutes and ledgers of Rural Sanitary Authority, 1873-1894.

HIGHWAY BOARD
   Wingham Highway Board [CAT. Mk. HB/W]. Minutes, 1863-1880.

ESTATE AND FAMILY RECORDS
   Harris MSS. [CAT. Mk. U624] deposited by the Rt. Hon. Lord Harris.
   Private and official papers of the 1st Baron Harris, 1774-1829, including many relating to events in the Madras Presidency, 1797-1800, and to the subsequent litigation 

about the Seringapatam prize money. Papers relating to the 2nd East Kent (Scray) Local Militia, 1809-16.
   Chilston MSS. [CAT. Mk. U673] deposited by the Rt. Hon. the Viscount Chilston.
   Estate papers: rentals of the manor of Lenham, 1757-78.
Charity: Honywood Almshouses: deeds 1622-1806.
   Somerhill MSS. [CAT. Mk. U624] presented by Messrs. Waterhouse & Co.
   Title deeds: about 200 for Tonbridge and for Pembury, Tudeley, Penshurst, Chiddingstone, Hadlow, etc., 1695-1850.
   Courage & Barclay MSS. [CAT. Mk. U612] deposited by Messrs. Courage and Barclay.
   Title deeds: about 960 for Ashford, Aylesford, Brenchley, Brenzett, Chatham Cranbrook, Eltham, Gillingham, Milton-next-Sittingbourne, Rochester, Seal, Smarden, Sutton Valence, Tonbridge, Tudeley, etc.
   Burrows MSS. [CAT. Mk. U614] presented by Miss L. Burrows.
   Title deeds: Romney Marsh, Elmsted, Wye, etc., 1865-95.
   Miscellaneous: file of newspapers, 1793-1865.
   Maps: Boughton Aluph, Godmersham and Wye, 1720; Bethersden, 1787; Ivychurch and Snave, 1819.

Page 184  

Previous Page         Back to Page Listings      Next page       

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004     

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk