Archaeologia Cantiana - Vol. 71 1957 page v + vi
|List of Officers, xii ; List of Local
Secretaries, xiv; Committees, xv; Corresponding Societies,
xvi ; List of Members, xviii ; Report for the Year ended 31st December 1956, xlii ;
Accounts for 1956 xlix ; Archaeologia Cantiana Fund—Donations, 1957 li
|1.||The Follies of Kingsgate. By Ronald Jessup, F.S.A.||01|
|2.||Excavations in Dover. By L. Murray Threipland||14|
|3.||The Cult of the Dea Nutrix in Kent. By Frank Jenkins, F.S.A.||38|
|4.||The Riddle of the Old Stones: A personal retrospect. By Sir Edward Harrison||47|
|5.||The Romano-British Settlement at Springhead.
Excavation of the Bakery, Site A.
By W. S. Penn, B.Sc.
|6.||Watermills on the River Len. By Robert H. Goodsall||106|
|7.||A Roman Bath-House at Little Chart, Kent. By John Eames||130|
|8.||Forged Anglo-Saxon Charters. By Gordon Ward, M.D., F.S.A.||147|
|9.||Hall Place, Bexley. By P. J. Tester||153|
|10.||A New Coin of the Kentish Rebel Eadbearht Preen. By R. H. M. Dolley, F.S.A.||162|
|11.||Recent Discoveries at Reculver. By Brian J. Philp||167|
The Biddenden and Boundgate Turnpike Road, 1766-1883.
By F. C. Elliston-Erwood, F.S.A.
The Lost Village of Merston. By A. F. Allen
English Politics and the Sheriff of Kent, 1378.
By Felix Hull, B.A., Ph.D., and Rosemary A. Keen, B.A.
Contents continued page vi
|15.||A Chest of Thirteenth-Century Type from Wormshill Church. By L. R. A. Grove, F.S.A.||214|
|16.||Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1956-57||219|
|17.||Researches and Discoveries in Kent||223|
Back to Arch. Cant. List Back to Publications On-line Back to Research Page Back to Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
gratefully received so
that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too firstname.lastname@example.org