KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 70 - 1956  page 243
                          
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1955-56   Continued

   Deeds. About 1700: Waldershare, Coldred, Lydden, Swingfield, Northbourne, Whitfield, Worth, Sholden and Teynham, 1347-1856; Faversham and Ospringe, 1334-1827.
   Family papers. Settlements, Wills, etc., of the North family, 1751-1836; correspondence of Frederick, 5th Earl of Guilford, 1791-1827, mainly relating to his activities as Governor of Ceylon, 1798-1805, and as promoter of the University of the Ionian Isles, 1819-27.
   Accounts. Accounts, rentals and vouchers for the whole estate of the Earls of Guilford, 1751-1828 and 1856-1914, Waldershare Park and the home farm, 1711-1811 and 1871-94, and household and personal accounts of the Furnese, Rockingham and North families, 1714-98 and 1872-82; Glemham (Suffolk) accounts, 1706-55; merchant and trust accounts of Sir Dudley North and his family, 1672-1723.
   Official. A small group of Lord North’s political papers and letters, 1782-88; papers of the Waldershare Volunteer Infantry, 1803-10.
   Maps. Ospringe, 1599; Little Glemham (Suffolk), 1771.
Miscellaneous. Copy of bounds of the free fishery belonging to the manor and hundred of Faversham, 1608; petition from the Nabob of the Carnatic, 1782.
   Deeds [CAT. Mk. U510], deposited by Major Pratt Boorman.
   Deeds. About 300: for Bilsington, Ruckinge, Woodchurch, etc., 1618-1928.

   Dering MSS. [CAT. Mk. U512], deposited by Lady Muriel Barclay-Harvey, per Historical Manuscripts Commission.
   Deeds. About 100: manors of Thurnham and Binbury in Thurnham, 1319-1559; abstracts of charters of land in Thurnham granted to Combwell Priory, twelfth and early thirteenth centuries; Combwell Priory in Goudhurst, 1542.
   Ecclesiastical. Union of Aldington and Thurnham, 1433 and 1453.
   Dalison MSS. [CAT. Mk. U522], deposited by the late M. D. P. Dalison.
   Manorial documents. Hibaldstow, etc. (co. Lines.), c. 1275-1652.
   Deeds. About 800: West Peckham and Wrotham, 1377-1844; Hailing and Snodland, 1471-1787; Rochester, Chatham and Gillingham, 1401-1787, and Hibaldstow, etc., 1346-1846.
   Family papers. Dalison Wills and settlements, 1573-1716; inventories, 1578-1671. Personal and household accounts (Master and Stanley families), 1608-76.
   Official. Notebook kept by Sir Thomas Walsingham as a Justice of the Peace, 1628-44.
   Miscellaneous. Illuminated register of writs and legal instruments, fourteenth century. Illuminated roll of Knights of the Garter, 1624.
   Herries MSS. [CAT. Mk. 11543], deposited by Lieutenant-Colonel Spottiswoode.

Page 243  

Previous Page       Back to Page Listings    Next page           

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004
    

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk