KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 70 - 1956  page 242
                          
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1955-56   Continued

   St. Clement, Sandwich [CAT. Mk. P323]. Churchwardens’ records, 1667-1853; overseers’ records, 1663-1867.
   Sellindge [CAT. Mk. P329]. Churchwardens’ records, 1654-1947; vestry minutes, 1777-1859; overseers’ records, 1738-1926; surveyors’ records, 1814-36.
   Rochester Diocese—Ightham [CAT. Mk. P202]. Registers, 1559-1865; churchwardens’ records, 1708-1922; vestry minutes, 1782-1857; overseers’ records, 1669-1856.
   Pembury [CAT. Mk. P286]. Registers, 1560-1856; churchwardens’ records, 1731-183]; vestry minutes, 1820-55.
   Shoreham [CAT. Mk. P335]. Registers, 1558-1812.
   Wrotham [CAT. Mk. P406]. Select Vestry minutes, 1817-24; overseers’ records, 1721-1860; vestry minutes for Plaxtol, 1846-1905.

TURNPIKE RECORDS
  
Dover to Sandwich Road [CAT. Mk. T11], deposited by the Corporation of Sandwich. Minutes, 1832-74; accounts, 1797-1874.

ESTATE AND FAMILY ARCHIVES
   Conyngham MSS. [CAT. Mk. U438], deposited by the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Mount Charles.
   Manorial documents. Minster in Thanet, 1739-1924; 

Goshall, Hills Church Gate and Liverocks in Ash next Sandwich, 1849-1923; Kingston, 1855-1923;  Patrixbourne Cheney and Martin, 1729-1928; and Wickhambreux, 1639-1923.
   Deeds. About 2,650: mainly for Ash next Sandwich, Bekesbourne, Chislet and Reculver, Kingston, Littlebourne, Patrixbourne, Minster and other parishes in Thanet, and Wickhambreux, 1551-1929.
   Family papers. Copies, etc., of Wills of the Conyngham family, 1700- 1916.
   Estate papers. Surveys, valuations, rentals, etc., mainly for Minster, 1700-1932; estate correspondence, 1782-1901; papers relating to mineral rights and the Kent Coalfield, 1897-1929.
   Legal papers. Various cases concerning manorial and foreshore rights of the manor of Minster, 163 1-1904.
Maps. Ash, 1752; Chislet, c. 1830; Herne and Reculver, 1728; Kingston, 1679; Littlebourne, 1840; Minster, c. 1800; Patrixbourne, 1730; and St. Lawrence, Thanet, 1724.
   North MSS. [CAT. Mk. T1471], deposited by the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Guilford.
   Manorial documents. Waldershare, Coldred, Popes Hall in Coldred and Goshall in Ash, 1605-1866; East and West Langdon and North Court and Boynton in Swingfield, 1646-1867; Plumford and Queen Court in Ospringe, 1469-1664.

Page 242

Previous Page       Back to Page Listings    Next page           

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004
    

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk