KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 69 - 1955  pages 197
              
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1954-55 Continued

Ecclesiastical. Papers concerning the relationship between the vicar of Sutton Valence and East Sutton, a dependent curacy, 1608-1804. Portion of a cartulary of Leeds Priory,1 c. 1325.
   Maps. 55: mainly for estates in East Sutton and neighbouring parishes, c. 1650-1827.
   Gambier MSS. [Cat. Mk. LJ194], presented by Miss L. Howe.
   Deeds. 10 for Leeds, Broomfield, Boughton Monchelsea, etc., 1606-1871.
   Family papers. Wills and cognate documents, 1787-1888; institutions to benefices and cognate papers, diaries, commonplace books, manuscripts of the Rev. J. E. Gambier, 1773-1828. Correspondence, 1777-1899. Estate papers, including the collection of tithes in Langley, 1759-1833.
   Official. Papers concerning the royal dockyards, 1569-1765.
   Maps. Langley, 1800; Sutton Valence, c. 1800.
Morland MSS. [Cat. Mk. U200], deposited by William Morland, Esq.
  Manorial documents. Lamberhurst, 1370-1908.
   Deeds. Eight for Lamberhurst, Horsmonden and Cranbrook and properties in Sussex, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, 1604-1776.
   Family papers. Diaries, 1856-1934. Estate papers, 1736-1867.

   Map. Lamberhurst, 1750.
   Radnor MSS. [Cat. Mk. U270], deposited by the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Radnor.
   Manorial documents. Hundred of Folkestone and Folkestone manors, 1402-1863; Bourne in Bishopsbourne, 1324-1424.
   Deeds. Over 2,300: mainly for Folkestone and neighbouring parishes, c. 1280-1872.
   Family papers. Settlements and testamentary papers of the Herdson, Read and Dixwell families, 1553-1693, and of the des Bouverie family, 1697-1776. Estate papers. Folkestone estate papers, rentals and correspondence, 1571-1900. Railway papers, 1841-84. Legal papers. A large series principally concerning the rights claimed by the lords of the manor of Folkestone, as paramount lords of the Hundred, over Swingfield Minnis, the foreshore and wrecks, 1576-1788.
   Ecclesiastical. Swingfield Preceptory, 1410-1529; Folkestone Priory, c. 1425; Hospital of St. James without the Walls of Canterbury, 1450-51.
   Miscellaneous. Fifteenth century copy of partition between the Earl of Guisnes and William de Abrincis, 1211-12.
   Maps. Photostats of maps of Folkestone and neighbouring parishes, 1625-98.
   1 See Arch. Cant. LXIV (1951), pp. 24-34, for an abstract of its contents

Page 197 

Previous Page     Back to Page Listings                         

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004     

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk