KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 69 - 1955  pages 194
              
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1954-55 Continued

   The remainder of the K.A.S. Collection comprises the following principal groups of documents [Cat. Mks. 1147/2, 4-10, 12-16, 18-21, 23-33, 35-45].
   Manorial documents. Milton hundred, c. 1725-73; Kingsborough (Sheppey), 1546-1795 [U47/2]; Milton hundred, c. 1600-1822 [47/15]; Hoo hundred, 1570-1607 [1547/35]; Lamberhurst, 1422-1842; Minster
(Sheppey), 1711 [1547/42]; Littlefield hundred, 1674-76; Burham, 1646-1730; Little Peckham alias West Peckham, 1377-1711 [1147/45]. Deeds. 1920: groups for Sittingbourne and district [1147/5], Eynsford [347/10], East and West Farleigh and Yalding , Stowting [1147/23], Hayes, 347/26], Marden, Staplehurst and Yalding [47/27], River , Adisham 1547/30], Sheperdswell [47/31], Cudham, etc. 1147/33], St. Lawrence, Thanet, and Ash [1347/37], and Deal [1147/41], 1404-1903.
   Family and estate papers. Dering, Adison and Greenstreet families, 1709-1830 [1147/14]; Stowting estate, 1687-1851 [1147/23]; Reeds Court, Marden, 1635-1896 [47/27]; Savage family, 1766-1837 [1547/35].
   Legal papers. Papers regarding the manor of Elmley, 1590-91, and vicarage of Cobham, 1345-1650 [47/35]; exemplification of customs of manor of Addington, 1638 [U47/45].
   Official. Parish records for Eastchurch, 1637-1713, and Milton Regis, 1671-1793 [1547/2]; Eythorne, 1832-34 

[1547/21]; Milsted, 1813-1921 [1347/24]; Sutton Valence, 1708-57 . Assessment for Kings Ferry, 1690 [1147/2]. Compotus of receiver to Sir Thomas Erpingham, constable of Dover Castle, 1399-1400; estreat roll for sheriff’s courts held by lathes, 1509-10; 1 list of inns in Maidstone, 1610; papers of John Lee, alderman of Canterbury, 1710-14 [1147/16]. East Kent Commissioners of Sewers papers, 1726-1880 [T547/43].
   Ecclesiastical. Inspeximus of Leeds Priory, 1285 [1547/32].
   Map. Marden, 1732 [1547/27].

ESTATE AND FAMILY ARCHIVES
   Cornwallis (Mann) MSS. [Cat. Mk. U24], presented by Lord Cornwallis.
   Manorial documents. Burscombe in Egerton, 1463-1621; Wardens alias Egerton, 1390-1621; Barling in Egerton, 1632-1815; Fylth in Egerton, 1421-1621; Boughton Malherbe, 1377-1621; Sheephurst in
Marden, 1530-1848; Bethersden, 1637-1808; Sissinghurst, Copton and Stone in Cranbrook, 1785-94.
   Deeds. About 6,800: Linton, Loose, Marden and Maidstone (detached), 1545-1922; Cranbrook, Biddenden and Frittenden, 1452-
   1 See Arch. Cant. LXVIII (1954), pp. 97-100, for a note on this document.

Page 194

Previous Page     Back to Page Listings    Next page         

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004     

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk