KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage

Archaeologia Cantiana -  Vol. 69 - 1955  pages 192
              
Kent Archives Office—Accessions, 1954-55 Continued

and Aldington, c.1750; Ightham, 1818, 1837; Luddesdown, 1833; Lydd, 1743; Nonnington, 1751; Saitwood, 1768; Staple and Ash, c. 1830; Wilmington, 1753.
   Documents received from the British Records Association [Cat. Mk. U47/11, 17].
   Manorial documents. Cattes in Brenchley, 1812; Glassenbury, 1464-1728; Shelingheld in Marden, 1447-1612; Kingston, 1640-44; Ulcombe, 1616-25; Southleigh in Elmsted, 1630-1900; Orlynden in Sandhurst, 1719, 1725.
   Deeds. 5772: with large groups for Benenden, Brenchley, Capel and Tudely, Chatham and Gillingham, Cobham, Dartford, Deal, Graves-end and Northfleet, Hadlow, Hawkhurst, Lewisham, Margate, Nonnington, East Peckham, Pluckley, Sutton at Hone, Tenterden, Tonbridge, Willesborough, Wrotham and Ightham and Yalding, 1320-1928.
   Estate and family papers, including patent creating Lord Romney, Viscount Marsham of the Mote, 1801; inventories, 1686, 1694, 1758; rental of Cobham College estates, 1574. Legal papers relating to various estates in East Kent.
   Official, including petition against Medway Navigation Bill, C. 1836; taxation records, 1796-97; by-laws of Margate pier, 1639; assessment of Maidstone victuallers, 1673.
   Maps. Tonbridge, c. 1825; Isle of Elmley, 1856.

   Deeds, etc., from Dr. and Mrs. Selby [Cat. Mk. U47/22].
   Deeds. 1189: with large groups for Faversham, Minster in Sheppey, Sittingbourne and Milton, 1616-1864.
   Business papers, partnerships, etc., 1727-1850.
   Official. Appointment of town clerk of Faversham, 1779.
   The Dr. Gordon Ward Collection [Cat. Mk. U442].
   Manorial. Boughton Malherbe, 1363-1811; Wesperhawks in Smarden and Headcorn, 1642-1812; Little Chart and members and Barksore in Lower Halstow, 1620-1913; Burham, 1572, 1634; Baston in Hayes, 1739-1858; Orkesden in Eynsford, 1640-1862; Sundridge, 1675; Ash and Ridley, 1790-1935; Hoth, Grovehurst and Smeeths in Horsmonden, 1616-1897; Boughton Aluph, 1649-89; Thurnham, 1825-66; Monks Horton, 1622; Peasridge in Frittenden, 1533-c.1700; Rushford in Headcorn, 1725-1872; Southolmonden in Headcorn, 1729-1804; Poulton Stanstead in Aldington, 1739-1813; Burscombe and members in Egerton, 1580; 1752-1811; Southborough, 1621; Shipbourne and Shipbourne Pattenden, 1743-1858; New Langport in Lydd, 1393-94; Parrock in Brenchley, 1724; and small items for a number of other manors.
   Deeds. 849: with large groups for Hadlow, Lyminge, East Mailing, East Peckham, Penshurst, Tenterden, and Tonbridge and district,
1398-1905.

Page 192 

Previous Page     Back to Page Listings    Next page         

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Contents Page    Back to Arch. Cant. List   Back to Publications On-line  Back to Research Page  To Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society August 2004     

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk