THE principal accessions received in the County Archives
Office between August 1st, 1954, and July 31st, 1955, have been:
Petty Sessions Records [Cat. Mk. PS]: Tonbridge
division, minute book, 1767-84; Dartford division, court registers and
registers of licences, 1872-1925.
Tenterden Borough [Cat. Mk. Te].
Papers connected with Common Hall meetings, election of
mayors, freemen, etc., 1641-1732; chamberlains’ accounts, 1635-54,
1661, 1722-25; chamberlains’ vouchers, 1694-1740; coroners’
inquisitions, 1651-1722; records of the court of record, 1644-1702, and
of the sessions of the peace, 1637-1789; deeds, 1521-1676; militia
papers, 1661-81; Guestling Minutes, 1598-1639; precepts from the Lord
Warden of the Cinque Ports and correspondence between the ports,
1603-95; journal of the patrol of the Tenterden association for
preventing depredations, 1824, 1830-31.
Records of the Commissioners of Sewers for Lombards Wall to Gravesend
Bridge and for Gravesend Bridge to Sheerness and Penshurst [Cat. Mk.
S/NK], deposited by the North Kent Area Committee of the Kent River
Board. Commissions, 1725-1930; order books and decrees, 1626-1831;
expenditors’ accounts, etc., 1693-1943; maps, 1694-1800.
Canterbury Diocese—Marden [Cat. Mk. P244]. Churchwardens’
accounts, 1777-1822; vestry minutes, 1735-1813; overseers’ records,
1703-1899; surveyors’ records, 1750-1863; map, 1817.
Sandhurst [Cat. Mk. P321]. Churchwardens’ accounts,
1615-94; vestry minutes, 1754-1852; overseers’ records, 1641-1786;
surveyors’ records, 1751-84; records of hundred of Selbrittenden,
SCHOOL RECORDS [Cat. Mk. C/E]
Minute books of about 50 School Boards and School
Attendance Committees, 187 1-1902 and log books of 50 schools,