Business papers of Thomas Moore, wine merchant of
Alicante, c. 1780-1817.
Official. Militia roll for Calehill Hundred, c. 1415.
Ship Money assessments and Civil War papers, c. 1636-55.
Maps. Chartham, 1633; Charing, 1790 and 1814; and Charing
and Little Chart, 1639.
Manorial documents of Teynham and district [Cat. Mk.
U390], deposited by S. Wilson, Esq.
Manorial documents. Charing and the Hundred of Calehill, 1730-1934,
Bedmangore, The Lodge and Newnham in Newnham and Linsted, 1562-1709,
Sholland, Monkton, and Sharsted in iNewnham, Doddington and Otterden,
1572-1760, Graveney, 1626-1921, Norton, 1751-1927,
Teynham, 1657-1932, Throwley, 1720-1901, and Westwood in Preston,
Deeds. Ten for the Manor of Charing, 1629-92, and five for
the site of the workhouse in Faversham, 1835-6.
Miscellaneous. Tithe accounts, 1797-1827.
Deeds of Goudhurst, 163, 1711-1948 [Cat. Mk. 1J394],
presented by Messrs. Home and Birkett.
Hussey MSS. [Cat. Mk. U409], deposited by
Christopher Hussey, Esq.
Manorial documents. Scotney and Chingly in Lamberhurst and
Wadhurst, ante 1661-93; the archiepiscopal manors of Maidstone,
Charing, Boughton, Teynham and Gillingham, 1488-89; Beancrouch,
and Hawkwell in Pembury, and Southfield in Tudeley, 1701-1840.
Deeds. 951 : mainly for Goudhurst, 1405-1803; Rolvenden,
1400-1803; Woodchurch, 1477-1794; Brenchley, 1451-1744; Bidden-den,
1621-1745; and small numbers for Ashford, Cranbrook, Brenzett,
Dymchurch, Ivychurch, Brookiand, Leeds, and over 300 deeds of Sussex.
Accounts. Annual bundles of estate and household vouchers,
Map. Hinxhill, Wye, Willesborough and Mersham, 1713.
Glassenbury MSS. [Cat. Mk. U410], deposited by the
Manorial documents. Cranbrook, Glassenbury, Aldington, and
Morys Court in Bapchild, c. 1550-c. 1715.
Deeds. Over 400, mainly for Ivychurch, Brookland and Brenzett,
Tenterden, Bapchild and neighbouring parishes, 1428-1810.
Miscellaneous. Receiver General’s Commissions and Quieti
and other taxation papers of Thomas Redford, 1768-96. Parish records of
Hawkhurst, being mainly the papers of John Chawner, curate there from
1751, 1710-c. 1820.