Archaeologia Cantiana - Vol. 65 1952 page v + vi
|List of Officers, xii ; List of Local
Secretaries, xiv; Records Branch, xv; Corresponding
Societies, xvi ; List of Members, xviii; Report for the Year ended 31st December, 1952 xli;
Illustrations Fund, 1952 xlv
|1.||Upnor Castle, Kent. By B. H. St. J. OíNeil, F.S.A., and S. Evans||01|
|2.||The Saxon History of the Town and Port of Romney. By Gordon Ward, M.D., F.S.A.||12|
The Lullingstone Roman Villa.
By Lieut.-Colonel G. W. Meates, F.S.A., E. Greenfield and Edwyn Birchenough, M.A.
|4.||Maidstone Geneva. An Old Maidstone Industry. By John W. Bridge, F.S.A.||79|
|5.||Surface Palaeoliths from Standardhill Farm, near Elham. By P. J. Tester||85|
|6.||A Bronze Sword from Folkestone. By J. D. Cowen, M.C., M.A., F.S.A.||90|
|7.||Jenkinís Well, Parkerís Corner, Upper (Old) Deal. By W. P. D. Stebbing, J.P., F.S.A., F.G.S.||93|
|8.||The Tomb of Horsa. By John H. Evans, F.S.A.||101|
|9.||Canterbury Excavations, June-December, 1947, no. 5 Watling Street. By Frank Jenkins||114|
On the Ghosts of Some Brasses Formerly in Canterbury Cathedral.
By F. A. Greenhill, M.A., F.S.A.(Scot.)
Plans of, and Brief Architectural Notes on, Kent Churches. Second Series.
By F. C. Elliston Erwood, F.S.A.
|12.||A Roman Land Settlement near Rochester. By Michael D. Nightingale, B.Sc.(Agric.), B.Litt||150|
Contents continued page vi
|13.||The Whiteheath Excavations, Hollingbourne. By L. B. A. Grove, B.A., F.S.A.||160|
The Ancient Glass from Petham Church now in Canterbury Cathedral.
By C. B. Councer, F.S.A.
|15.||The Romano-British Settlement at Springhead. By W. S. Penn, B.Sc.||171|
|16.||Researches and Discoveries in Kent, 1951-2||174|
Kentís Chantry, Headcorn, 1565
Kentish Fairs and Prehistory
A Stone House in Burgate Lane, Canterbury
A Further Note on the Bronze Spear-head from Chartham..
A Mid-Thirteenth-Century Steelyard Weight from Sundridge; and a suggested explanation
of its presence there
Mural Painting and Memorial restored in the Church of St. Mary, Fawkham
Protestant Refugees at Maidstone in the Sixteenth Century
Dartford District Notes
Sidney Bernard, Surgeon, R.N.
The Cinque Ports. By Ronald and Frank Jessup
Timber Building in England from Early Times to the End of the Seventeenth Century.
By Fred. H. Crossley
Beginnings in Archaeology. By Kathleen M. Kenyon
Fawkham: The Story of a Kentish Village. By Frank W. Proudfoot
Medieval Ecclesiastical Courts in the Diocese of Canterbury. By Brian L. Woodcock
|19.||Obituary: The Rev. Canon G. M. Livett, B.A., F.S.A.||212|
Back to Arch. Cant. List Back to Publications On-line Back to Research Page Back to Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2002, links to added October 2014
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
gratefully received so
that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too email@example.com