Archaeologia Cantiana - Vol. 47 1935 page 204
the site of the Leper Hospital, New Romney.
By Miss K. M. E. Murray
grey ware and a cooking pan handle in red ware, the upper side pierced with
pin-prick holes. Finer unglazed ware included a piece of heavy red ware
showing trace of painted decoration in cream, and a jug rim and neck with
smooth ribs in yellowish ware.
found. It has the sacred monogram IHS on one side, surrounded
by an inscription MISIT.DNS.MANUM.SUAM. (The Lord has put out His hand) and
on the reverse across, with small fleur-de-lys in the angles, and the
inscription XPE (?). FILI. FEI. VIVI. MISER (Have pity, Christ, Son
of the Living God).
Previous page Back to Page listings
Back the Contents page To Arch. Cant. List To Publications On-line To Research Page To Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2003
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
so that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too email@example.com