KENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY  -- RESEARCH   Studying and sharing Kent's past      Homepage


Sandwich, St Thomas's Hospital

Back to Churchyards listed

               Some Monumental Inscriptions of St Thomas's Hospital,  Noted by Rev Bryan Faussett about 1760

Kindly typed up for the website by Pat Tritton

On a Peice of Old Painting in the Hall. "Founded A.D. 1557* by Thomas ELLIS, and Margaret his Wife, & Children". * sic for 1357.
   There is nothing here at all worthy Notice, except ye following Coat wch. is in ye Hall Window.
[¼ly 1. OLD (sic) ENGLAND written). 2). Lozengy gu. & az., the former each charged with a fleur de lis or. 3 & 4) blank.

 

For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society   click here

Back to Churchyards Listed       Back to Library and Visual Records        Back to Research         Back to Homepage

Kent Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 7th June 2007

This website is constructed by enthusiastic amateurs.  Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully received so
 that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too research@kentarchaeology.org.uk