with Index of names and
places at end
to Churchyards listed
Some Monumental Inscriptions of Ospringe
Church, Noted by Bax & Rice
Pages 137-138 of Epitaphs from Kent Churches
typed up by Margaret Broomfield
1. HS R. caps Sacred to the
memory of Mr. Thomas CARR, miller late of this parish who departed this
life December 17th 1857 aged 80 years.
Index of Names and Places
2. An Irish cross of Aberdeen granite, on a base of black and red granite,
highly polished. Railed – all capitals In loving memory of Herbert
Samuel SHORE of Queen Court in this parish who departed this life June 28th
1889 aged 35 years.
3. HS To the memory of Mr. John FORDRED of this parish who departed this
life the 24th of September 1800 aged 42 years. Also of
Elizabeth his wife who died the 14th of April 1832 aged 77
years. A wish a feather, a thiefs a rod, an honest man’s the noblest
work of God.
4. HS Fat childs face, glory around, 2 sculls, trumpets Here lies interr’d
the body of William COVERLET of this parish. He died November the 5 1748
aged 50 years. She died January the 6 1860/9 aged 54 years (sic). They had
issue 4 children and left 2 surviving viz William and Elizabeth.
5. HS 2 sculls and hourglasses Here lyeth the body of Mary wife of Edward
FOREMAN of this parish. She departed this life January the 14th
1761 aged 73 years.
6. HS To the memory of Joseph JOACHIM late of the Town of Faversham who
departed this life the 9th of September 1780 aged 61 years.
7. HS To the memory of Susanna wife of Joseph JOACHIM of the Town of
Faversham who died the 16th of October 1781 aged 59 years.
8. HS In memory of Mr. John JOACHIM citizen, upholder of London youngest
son of Joseph and Susannah Joachim died the 4th of February
1805 aged 59 years.
9. Ledger evidently removed from inside the church – arms rubbed Within
this vault are deposited the remains of James FLINT esq. of Judd House in
this parish who died the 8th August 1790 AET 68.
JOACHIM 6, 7, 8
Faversham 6, 7
Judd House 9
Queen Court 2
upholder ? 8
For details about the advantages of membership of the
Kent Archaeological Society click
to Churchyards Listed Back
to Library and Visual Records Back
to Research Back
Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2003
This website is
constructed by enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other
researchers will be to gratefully received so
that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible.
Please send details too email@example.com