SOCIETY -- RESEARCH Studying and sharing Kent's past Homepage
to Churchyards listed
The Monumental Inscriptions in the
churchyard of Leigh Church
Noted by Leland L. Duncan
Frank Bamping 2 March
The following is a transcription of the un-numbered pages at
the end of Volume VII of Mr L.L. Duncan's notebook on the Martin Family.
LEIGH To the East.
43. William Martin died February 19 1839 aged 48.
Left widow, 1 son and 3 daughters, viz Sarah, William Ann and Susannah.
44. Ann Martin widow of the late William Martin died August 18 1862 aged 7[?6]
45. Susannah Card died September 24 1849 aged 27. Also Stephen Card died
17.7.1871 aged 57.
46. George Martin died 21.9.1876 aged 43. Left widow and 8 children. Harriet
wife of above died 15.1.1889 aged 51.
47. Michael Martin died 20.12.1885 aged 79. Also Rebecca his wife died
31.10.1875 aged 66. Also Mary daughter died 5.5.1865 aged 33.
48. Thomas Martin died 15.11.1882 aged 46.
49. William Martin died 11.6.1906 aged 63.
50. Hubert William Martin died September 11 1892 aged 17.
For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent
Archaeological Society click
to Churchyards Listed To
Library and Visual Records To
Research To Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2002
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
received so that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as
possible. Please send details too firstname.lastname@example.org