the late 1890s the Lewisham author and antiquarian Mr Leland L. Duncan
embarked on a project of recording the early memorial inscriptions in
a large number of Kent churchyards. In visiting the sites he carried
with him a small pocket field notebook in which he recorded the
inscriptions in his own shorthand, in pencil, and what follows is a
careful transcription of what he noted in the churchyard at Keston
Frank Bamping 13th October, 2000
Taken on the 2nd May, 1891.
- Leland L. Duncan.
1. A flat tomb with a cross raised. In memory of Abraham Smith, late
of Keston Court, who died at Down, Kent, February 14th 1873 agaged 78
2. A headstone. Catherine, wife of Henry Alwen of Biggin Hill and 4th
daughter of William and Elizabeth Smith of Keston Court. Died April 29
1861 aged 65. Also the above Henry Alwen died April 14 1868 aged 77.
3. A headstone. Jane, daughter of William and Elizabeth Smith of
Keston Court died July 11 1857 aged 57. Also Charlotte 6th daughter of
William and Elizabeth Smith died June 17 1872 at Down, Kent, aged 73.
4. A headstone. William Smith born at Selsdon in the parish of
Croydon, December 16 1760 died at Keston Court 8 May 1847.
5. A headstone. Elizabeth wife of William Smith born at St Mary Cray
February 4 1766 died at Keston Court July 6 1834.
6. A headstone. Catherine Duff, 3rd daughter of Meredith Jones and
Sarah Elizabeth Powell died May 19 1868 aged 13. Also Meredith Jones
Powell, father of the above died November 18 1890 in his 77th year.
7. A headstone. Beckett Chapman, 4th son of Henry Chapman of this
parish born 26 November 1832 died 13 November 1854. Charles Chapman
died June 4 1856 aged 26. James Chapman died June 14 1857 aged 19.
Also Anna Matilda Chapman, mother of the above died December 25 1867
8. A headstone. Elizabeth wife of Charles Churcher of this parish died
December 31 1837. Also the above Charles Churcher died July 8 1849.
(No agess - L.L.D.)
9. A headstone. Charles, son of Charles and Elizabeth Churcher died
September 24 1836.
10. A headstone. Maria, daughter of Charles and Elizabeth Churcher of
the parish died August 16 1824.
11. A flat stone by the N.W. corner of the church.
Here lieth the body of Hannah Whiffen, late wife of John Whiffen who
departed this life December the 12 1791 aged 64 years. Also The above
said John Whiffin who departed this life August the 26th 1795 aged 75
12. A table tomb. Thomas Hamelton, Esquire, of Bromley Common, Kent,
and late of Copthall Court, City, died October 3 1821 aged 55. Also
Mrs Mary Ann Hamelton, wife of the above died February 1 1825 aged 51
13. A headstone. Joseph Barton of Mark Lane, [City of London]
merchant, died 7 March 1799 aged 60.
14. A headstone. Here / lyeth interr'd / the body of Elizabeth / the
daughter of Thomas / and Amey Elliot who / departed this life the /
25th of May 1744 in the / 10th year of her age.
15. A headstone. Amey ye daughter of Thomas and Amey Elliot died ye
27th of September 1746 in ye 16th year of her age.
16. A headstone with a face on the top. Thomas Elliot died May ye 9th
1750 aged 57.
17. A headstone. Amey Elliott, widow of the late Thomas Elliott of
this parish died June 1 1775 aged 74. Also Joseph son of John and
Hannah Barton of the parish of St Saviours, Southwark, and grandson of
the above died April 5 1775 aged 5 years. Also John Barton, second son
of the above died 24 October 1777 aged 13 months.
18. A headstone. Hannah Barton, wife of John Barton died 2 April 1793
19. A headstone. Ann Shallcross, of the parish of St Margaret's,
Westminster, and mother to Amey Elliott died December 5 1758 aged 82.
20. A headstone. Mr John Barton, late of Grange Road, Bermondsey,
Surrey, died April 27 1821 aged 82. Also Mrs Rachel Barton, widow of
the above died 2 November 1834 in the 81st year of her age.
21. Two headstones. Mrs Elizabeth Marsh died April 18 1855 aged 75.
22. A headstone in an iron enclosure by the gate.
(1). Fanny 3rd daughter of Thomas and Ann Ellis of this parish died
May 8 1856 aged 14 years. Also Elizabeth 2nd daughter of the above
died July 30 1862 aged 23 years.
(2). Thomas Ellis of this parish died April 5 1871 aged 60. For 18
years churchwarden. Also Ann the widow of Thomas Ellis died August 2
1881 aged 73.
Plot II. North of the church and chancel begining at Porch.
Taken June 1919 - L.L.D.
23. A cross. James Bowen died June 30 1887 aged 63. Sidney Hennings
died July 2 1891 aged 5. Also Sarah Bowen wife of the above died June
2 1916 aged 87.
24. A headstone. Jane, 4th wife of Henry Head Bowen of this parish
died December 5 1866 aged 71. Also Henry Head Bowen died 27 February
1871 aged 76.
25. James Bowen of this parish died 30.5.1856 aged 55. Martha Prior
died 8 December 1865 aged 84. Elizabeth wife of the above James Bowen
died 10 April 1866 aged 59.
26. A headstone. James Frederick Bowen son of James and Elizabeth
Bowen of this parish died 25.5.1855 aged 67 and 9 months.
27. A headstone. Mrs Frances Bowen wife of Henry Head Bowen of this
parish died 9.4.1824 aged 39. Also Mrs Mary Ann Bowen second wife of
the above died 27.6.1831 aged 38. Also George son of Henry and Frances
Bowen died 8.12.1831 aged 9. Also Mrs Hannah Bowen 3rd wife of the
above died 28.4.1849 aged 64.
28. A headstone. Mrs Martha Bowen wife of Mr Thomas Bowen of this
parish died January 21 1830 aged 65. Mr Thomas Bowen husband of the
above died 23.5.1844 aged 89.
29. A headstone. Mr Robert Nelson, son of Robert and Ann Nelson of New
Malton, in Yorkshire, died at Hollwood in this parish 23.4.1811 aged
30. A headstone. Jane Hensher of Straitway Road, Strutton,
Staffordshire, and servant in the family of Col. Toone for 20 years
died January 6 1831 aged 60. Erected by her three brothers.
31. A headstone. Caroline Gissing died November 1 1878 aged 57. Also
Harriett Gissing died February 12 1902 aged 82.
32. A headstone. Mrs Rebecca Hill, wife of William Hill of this parish
died 10.3.1803 in her 40th year. Also Richard son of the above died
24.3.1803 aged 1 month and 2 days. Also Rebecca Hill daughter of the
above died 1.2.1873 aged 71.
33. A headstone. William Bowyer died April 1 1868 aged 67. Ann Bowyer
wife of the above died May 6 1876 aged 71. Samuel Bowyer son of the
above died July 20 1876 aged 42.
34. A headstone Harriett, wife of Samuel Gissing died October 23 1853
aged 60. Also Samuel Gissing died November 17 1859 aged 70.
35. An altar tomb, nothing apparently on top. L.L.D.
On the South side. Sacred to the memory of / Mrs Hannah Weatherhill /
of this parish who died the 6th of July 1826 / aged 54 years.
On the North side. Sacred to the memory of John Weatherhill of
Knaresborough, Yorkshire, who departed this life the 21st of April
1819 in the 75th year of his age. Also Mary Weatherhill wife of the
above John Weatherhill who departed this life the 6th of January 1821
in the 75th year of her age.
36. A headstone. Thomas Chapman son of John and Sarah Chapman died 1
October 1826 in the 15th year of his age. Also Sarah Chapman, mother
of the above died November 15 1860 aged 68 years.
37. A headstone. Mr John Chapman died 24 January 1812 aged 29 years.
38. A headstone. Mr William Chapman died 22 June 1809 aged 29 years.
39. A headstone. Mr Thomas Chapman late of Keston Court died 13 July
1810 aged 55.
40. A headstone. Mr William Chapman late of Keston Court died
18.4.1821 aged 61.
41. A wood rail. To the memory of the children of Robert and Hannah
Jay. Anne died 15 February 1842 in her 4th year. Robert Henry died
February 17 1842 in his 8th year. Hannah wife of Robert Jay and mother
of the above children died November 18 1856 aged 54. Robert Jay,
husband of Hannah Jay and father of the above children died May 18
1861 aged 56.
42. An altar tomb by the gate.
On top. Beneath lie the remains of George Kirkpatrick of this parish
who was born at Madras 1 June in the year 1762. He died 10th March
1838. Also Eleanor, wife of the above George Kirkpatrick born 17
October 1782 died January 1809.
On the South side. George, second son of George and Eleanor
Kirkpatrick whose body lies buried at Copenhagen where he died whilst
travelling to the North Cape 20 June 1831 aged 21. William third son
of George and Eleanor Kirkpatrick, lieutenant in the Honourable East
India Company's Horse Artillery died at Sholapoor in the Presidency of
Bombay 11 August 1831 aged 22.
On the West end. Elizabeth Peach, who died on the 19 November 1850 in
her 91st year.
On the North side. Katherine Kirkpatrick, eldest daughter of George
and Eleanor Kirkpatrick died (about one) on the morning of the 16 June
1824 aged 7 years and 8 months.
On the East end. Post crucem + corona.
James Dundas Kirkpatrick using this motto in daily reading 3rd.
October 1862 the day of his death marked by it a brief comment on 2
Cor. 5c. 17v. Born in this parish, grandson of George Kirkpatrick,
Esquire, and of the Rev. J.W. Martin. He died aged 24 at Fletching,
Sussex, where his body rests. His father and mother, J. and E.A.
Kirkpatrick have hope in his resurrection and trust to go to him for
the sake of the Redeemer.
43. A small stone beneath the East window.
Here lyeth ye body of Mary the daughter of George and Mary Pearch sen:
of Cudham who died July 23 ......... aged 37 years. (early half of the
18th Century - L.L.D.)
Plot III. To the East of the church
44. A large flat table top stone. Here lyethe the body of George
Pearch of this parish who died the 17th day of September 1673 and was
buried ye 22nd day aged 6(?0) years.
45. A large altar tomb covered with ivy. Here lieth the body of
Johanna wife of George Perch of Kiston Court .... was buried 12th
September 1729 aged (?5)0 years. Also George Perch of Keston Court who
was buried .. died 23 December 1730 aged ?53 years. Charles Frederick
Perch, son of Edmund Perch and Ann his wife who died 16 September and
was buried the 18th 1734. Also Ann Perch died 9 March 1734 aged 2
years and 7 months.
46. A large altar tomb covered with ivy. On top - Here lieth the body
of Frances wife of (?Mr Joh)n B(rasier) of Cudham Lodge who departed
this life 19 August 1714 aged 40 years. Also the body of John Br(asier)
of Cudham Lodge who departed this life 15 September 172... aged 50
years. Likewise lyeth Sarah wife of Mr Richard (?Jackson) of Cudham
and daughter of the said Mr (?John) Br.......who departed this life 16
June 1729 aged 20 years.
On the East end. Also Anthony Wood Brasier, son of Mr James Brasier
who died May ye 5 1742 aged 6 months.
On the West end. Also Frances, daughter of Mr James Brasier of Cudham
Lodge who departed this life 30 March 1728 aged 11 weeks.
On the South side. John the son of the said Mr James Brasier who
departed this life the 27 February 1734 in the ninth year of his age.
Also Jane daughter of the said Mr James Brasier who departed this life
the 17 June 1738 aged 13 years.
(Nothing on the North side - L.L.D.)
47. A large flat stone towards East window covered with moss &
grass. No inscription now legible ? to a Pearch or Brasier L.L.D.)
48. A headstone. Here lyeth the body of Elizabeth the wife of James
Brasier who died January ye 15 1758 aged 55 years. And also lyeth the
body of James Brasier who died January ye 20 1763 aged 56 years.
49. A headstone. Here lieth the body of Frances Walter wife of John
Walter, citizen and fletcher of London, daughter of James Brasier of
Cudham Lodge who died March the 27th 1764 aged 32 years.
50. A headstone. James Brasier who died September 1767 aged 35.
51. A headstone. Ann daughter of John and Ann Brasier of Cudham Lodge
died ...... 1791 aged 17 years.
52. A wood rail, South side. Sarah .... who died ...1870 aged 56 yrs.
North side. In memory of Humphery Iverson of this parish who died
February 1 18... aged 73 years.
53. A granite slab and cross. Here rest in God, the mortal remains of
Robert Monsey Rolfe, Baron Cranworth. Born December 18 1790 died July
26 1868. Here rest in God the mortal remains of Laura, wife of Robert
Monsey, Baron Cranworth. Born March 30 1807 died February 15 1808.
54. A headstone. Mr William Lewis of this parish died March 19 1829
aged 48. Also Mrs Ann Lewis, wife of the above died 3 June 1829 aged
55. A headstone. Mr William Lewis of this parish died 15 June 1813
56. A headstone. Mrs Mary Lewis, wife of William Lewis died 18
December 1808 aged 60.
57. A headstone. Mrs Grace Fuller, wife of Mr Jeremiah Fuller of this
parish died April 10 1762 aged 36 years. Also the above Jeremiah
Fuller died September 21 1791 aged 70.
58. A headstone. Mrs Sarah Kempton, wife of John Bones Kempton late of
the parish of St Ann's, Limehouse, died 20 July 1861 aged 63.
59. A headstone. The Rev. Henry Ludlow Dixon, late chaplain to the
Bromley Union Workhouse and formerly a missionary in the Island of
Jamaica. Ob. 25 January 1848 Aet. 42 years. Also of Elizabeth his wife
ob. 13 December 1856 Aet. 54 years.
60. A headstone. Elizabeth Barrell Russell died September 14 1865 aged
21. Also Jannet Russell died June 17 1877 aged 28. Also near lie the
remains of George Russell aged 13 years.
61. A headstone. Sarah Gardner, daughter of John and Sarah Gardner of
Croydon. Died May 17 1810 in her 27th year.
62. A headstone. Mrs Mary Davis, daughter of John and Sarah Gardner of
Croydon, died September 17 1810 in her 30th year.
63. A headstone. Mrs Sarah Gardner of Croydon in Surrey, died November
27 1819 in her 73rd year.
64. A headstone. Robert Foord, late of Oxted in Surrey. Born October
11 1804 died May 11 1877. Also Eliza Foord, his sister born March 1
1808 died July 19 1881. Also Mary Burley sister of the above born
December 21 1798 died November 2 1866.
65. A headstone. George Poynter, the younger, who died at Keston June
24 1864 in his 35th year, leaving a widow and a daughter. Also James
Poynter who died February 11 1869 aged 37. Also Mrs Amy Poynter wife
of George Poynter, senior, of Keston and mother of the above died June
18 1881 in her 83rd year.
66. A headstone. Mr Richard Alwen of Croydon and son of Richard and
Mary Alwen of the same place died October 3 1809 aged 54.
67. A headstone. Mr George Gardner of Croydon, Surrey, died June 3
1805 aged 32.
68. A headstone. John Gardner of the parish of Croydon died June 8
1802 aged 53.
69. A headstone. Richard Gardner, son of John and Sarah Gardner of
Croydon died in 1799 aged 24 years.
70. A headstone. Mr Richard Alwen late of Selsdon in the parish of
Croydon died June 22 1761 aged 37. Also Mrs Mary Alwen wife of the
above who died September 4 1793 aged 70.
71. A headstone. Anne Kadwell died in December 1880 aged 92 years.
Also Hannah Kadwell daughter of the above died November 4 1888 aged
72. A headstone. James Isard died June 23 1877 aged 57. Also Eliza
Isard wife of the above died April 6 1903 in her 80th year.
73. A headstone. John Rumsby of this parish died December 29 1861 aged
66. Hannah his wife died November 30 1865 aged 78.
74. A flat tomb. Mr Charles Beecroft of Fressingfield in Suffolk died
in this parish November 23 1854 in his 69th year. Also Robert Beecroft,
youngest son of the above died at Chelsea June 26 1863 in his 38th
year. Also Jane the wife of the above Charles Beecroft died January 11
1864 in her 80th year.
75. A small cross. Agatha Gertrude, child of Henry John and Caroline
Maria von Ronn died May 5 1887 aged 1 year and 7 months.
76. A headstone. Robert William Purdy died August 2 1891 aged 47.
77. A headstone. Frances, daughter of William and Sarah Purdy of this
parish died 14.4.1865 aged 23. Also William Purdy father of the above
died 27.9.1890 in his 85th year. Also Sarah Purdy died 19.8.1892 aged
78. A headstone. George Clark died December 31 1885 aged 49. Also the
loving son of the above (no name - L.L.D.) died March 18 1883 aged 18
79. A headstone. Sarah Lee, wife of John Lee of this parish died March
16 1867 aged 65. Also John Lee, husband of the above died January 31
1875 aged 85.
80. A headstone. Archibald Findlay died June 20 1828 aged 14 years.
81. A headstone. Susannah Goodman died May 12 1874 aged 78. Also
Benjamin Goodman, brother of the above died May 27 1877 aged 79. Also
Phoebe Goodman died February 20 1881 aged 72.
82. An altar tomb under a yew. Here lyes the body of Mrs Frances
Wilson, relict of the Honourable Lieutenant Colonel Edmund Wilson who
departed this life on the 15th day of September 1726 in the 77th year
of her age.
83. A coped tomb with a foliated cross. In this tomb are the remains
of Browne Eneas Henry Roberts, B.A. of Oxford, third son of the late
Browne Roberts, Esquire of Ravensbourne Park, Lewisham, Kent. Born 11
August 1830 died 9 May 1863 aged 32 years 8 months 29 days. Also the
remains of his beloved relick (sic) Augusta born 27 November 1819 died
30 April 1871.
84. A marble slab under a yew. Francis Hastings Toone, Esquire, of
Keston Lodge. Born 24 August 1788 died 31 June 1873. Also his sisters;
Maria Elizabeth, wife of Lionel, 6th Earl of Desart born 1 February
1790 died 15 February 1869 and Laura Catherine born 22 May 1794 died
15 March 1869. Three of the children of Colonel and Mrs Toone of
Keston Lodge whose remains are interred in a vault in St John's Wood
church, London, and also William Lionel Felix Tollemache, Lord
Huntingtower, son of the above Maria Elizabeth, Countess of Dysart.
Born 4 July 1820 died 21 December 1872. Also Mrs Elizabeth Parker and
old and respected servant of the above F.H. Toone born 26 March 1793
died 2 April 1868.
85. A cross by the East gate. Charlotte Cole died 31.3.1879 aged 52.
Her dear son George died at sea November 13 1876 aged 18. His body was
committed to the deep in the North Pacific Ocean.
86. A headstone. Maria, wife of Charles Pangbourne of Keston, Kent,
died June 3 1880 aged 56. Also the above Charles Pangbourne died April
11 1892 aged 67.
87. A headstone. Elizabeth Ann wife of William Ingram of Keston died
February 24 1878 aged 52. Also the above William Ingram died March 16
1886 aged 65.
88. A headstone. Eliza, wife of Nicholas Gay died March 15 1881 aged
89. A cross under a yew bush. Alfred, husband of ...............
90. A cross. Richard Karl Mutzell, Esquire, born 25 August 1838 at
Danzic, Prussia, died 8.4.1883 at Fernlea, Hayes Common, and husband
of Maria Eleanor Mutzell, 4th daughter of John Featherstone Briscoe,
The rest are all quite modern stones in this part of the yard.
Plot IV. On the South side of the church.
91. A headstone. William Joyner of this parish died March 20 1803 aged
57. Also Richard son of the above William Joyner died September 1800
in his 12th year.
92. A headstone. (?Ann) Joyner wife of William Joyner who died .....
1798 aged 48.
93. A headstone. To the memory of Joseph Thompson for nearly 18 years
rector of this parish. Born at Carnbane, Lisburn, Ireland, 7 March
1819 died at Keston 31 October 1876.
94. A headstone. Daniel Mackney died 16 January 1859 aged 55. Also
Mary wife of the above died 17 December 1865 aged 62.
Plot V. West of the church
95. A headstone. Here lieth St. John Buck, junior, from Greenwich who
died July 11 1759 aged 15. Two sisters, Mary and Bridget, infants.
Also the body of M. St. John Buck who died March 22 1763 aged 52.
96. A headstone. Here lieth the body of John Whiffen of this parish
who died 4 November 1765 aged 65. Also Mary wife of the above John
Whiffen who died 9 May 1769 aged 75.
97. A headstone. Ann Shearman wife of William Shearman of Bromley,
Kent, died September 19 1825 aged 51. Also William Shearman husband of
the above died December 11 1851 aged 84. He was interred at Littleham,
South Devon. Also John Whiffen Shearman eldest son of the above died
at Bromley January 2 1875 in his 78th year.
98. A headstone. Richard Ingram of St. James, Market Layton, died June
5 178(?9) aged 64. Also Sarah Ingram wife of the above died January 10
1790 aged 69.
99. A headstone. Frances Whiffen died December 27 1786 aged 68. Also
Elizabeth Whiffen died September 29 1791 aged 71.
Plot VI. South of the church
100. A headstone. Sarah Jane daughter of William and Caroline Dunmall
died 5.10.1881 in her 32nd year. Also William Dunmall of Keston and
father of the above died 18.5.1888 in his 70th year. Also Caroline
Dunmall wife of the above died August 27 1889 in her 68th year.
101. A headstone. Matilda wife of Jim Dunmall died August 30 1912 aged
102. A headstone. Anne wife of the Rev. Joseph William Martin, L.L.B.,
rector of this parish died 6 December 1822 in her 42nd year. Also the
above Joseph William Martin died 12 November 1858 in the 83rd year of
his age and 59th of his incumbency of this parish.
103. A small cross. Frances Potter died April 3 1880 aged 17 months.
104. A small stone. Anthony Crane died July 5 1894 aged 66. Amy wife
of the above died April 23 1898 aged 66.
105. A cross. John Crane died October 4 1893 aged 26.
106. A headstone. John Bryant of this parish died 14 August 1889 in
his 74th year. Mary, widow of the above died 26.8.1891 aged 72.
107. A headstone. Henry son of John and Mary Bryant of this parish
died August 30 1868 aged 26. Also James son of the above died May 21
1870 aged 24. Also Alfred son of the above died October 31 1887 in his
108. A headstone. Emma Frances wife of Robert Wood died February 23
1854 aged 39. Also Robert Wood, clerk and sexton of this parish for 56
years died March 6 1897 aged 81.
109. A headstone. Mary Ann Solman died April 17 1899 aged 78. Also
John, husband of the above died March 5 1902 aged 79.
110. A headstone. Luke Pocock, Esquire, of Ashmore House died 3
December 1829 aged 83. Also Thomas Pocock, Esquire, died 13 September
1826 aged 67.
111. A headstone. Charlotte Sopp died 24 December 1874 aged 24.
112. A headstone. George Wood of this parish died 10 January 1850 in
his 71st year. Also Mrs Sarah Wood, wife of the above died 27 July
1865 in her 86th year. Also Ann Wood daughter of the above died 8
September 1874 in her 66th. Also Esther Wood granddaughter of the
above died 13 April 1875 aged 20. Also Robert Frederick Wood grandson
of the above died 31 July 1875 aged 5 years,
113. A headstone. Caroline Sophia Heimsath died January 10 1872 aged
54 at Ravensbourne in this parish. Also Mary Gowing, widow, died
January 6 1879 aged 63 having faithfully served in the same family for
12 years. Also Charles Thomas Cole accidentally drowned July 16 1883
in his 17th year. Also George Beadell died in his 85th year September
20 1883 after 26 years service with his last employer.
114. A headstone. Mary, widow of Charles West born in the parish of
Cudham in the year 1777 died January 17 1878 aged 101 years.
115. A wood rail. William Peacock died 31 August 1864 aged 77.
116. A wood rail. Mary Nightingale died March 5 1889 in her 73rd year.
117. A wood rail. Francis Elliott, April 29th 1880. Thomas Elliott
December 24 1867.
118. A headstone. Thomas Bentley died May 27 1893 aged 71. Also
Charlotte wife of the above died February 23 1898 aged 76.
119. A granite tomb by the S.E. corner of the chancel. George Bentham
RAE., born 5 February 1846 died on 23 February 1909.
[Mary Victorine Thompson, married George Bentham Rae. Information
provided by Alan Nicholson 16-8-2008
George B. Rae, 55, stock share broker,
b Lakeshire Birkenhead
b San Francisco CA
Mary E. V., 21, dau,
Gwynedd, 8, dau,
b Norwood SE London]
120. A low old tomb. Here lyeth the body of Robert Day, citizen and
Merchant Taylor of London who dyed the 19th day of December Anno
Domino 1713 aged 48 years.
121. A headstone. Alfred Harding husband of Charlotte Harding died 2
June 1903 aged 58. Also Emma Francis Harding died 9 September 1896
122. A headstone. Anna Harding of this parish died September 26 1872.
Also Thomas Harding of Peckham, Surrey, late of this parish died April
13 1879 in his 83rd year. Also Remelion Harding relict of the above
who died at Peckham, Surrey, November 25 1885 in her 88th year.
123. A headstone. George Francis Duck of the Fox Inn in this parish
died June 12 1867 aged 46. Also Jane wife of the above died April 6
1891 aged 67. Her children rise up and call her blessed.
124. A headstone. Mrs Mary Lisney wife of James Lisney of Dorking died
10.4.1860 aged 75. Also Mary wife of Thomas Ricketts and daughter of
the above died at Wandsworth, Surrey, April 6 1885 aged 78.
125. A headstone. Jasper son of John and Mary Hills of this parish
died 19 January 1868 aged 19. Also Frederick youngest son of the above
died 4 November 1876 aged 22, Also John, father of the above died 5
April 1879 in his 85th year. Also the above Mary Hills died 28.4.1889
in her 70th year.
The remaining stones in the new part of the churchyard are all modern
Kings Birthday 3rd June 1919 - L.L.D.
INDEX TO KESTON MONUMENTAL INSCRIPTIONS
Compiled by Zena Bamping