The M.I.s to Footscray.
1. Frederick Moody died 23.11.1879 aged 50. Ellen Eliza Moody the daughter of the above died 28.2.1869 aged 3. Frederick James Moody son the above died 30.12.1875 aged 27.
2. Mrs Jemima wife of Mrs Robert Frost of Chislehurst died 26.10.1843 aged 39.
3. A small cross. Marjorie Tunks born 21.3.1905 died 2.12.1906.
4. John Ellis died 12.11.1844 aged 38.
5. Mr Thomas Durling of this parish died 12.10.1831 aged 82. Mrs Mary Durling his wife died 14.5.1833 aged 72. Hester Durling daughter of the above died 5.10.1846 aged 40. Martha wife of Mr Alexander Tyler and daughter of the above died 6.10.1846 aged 49.
6. Thomas Durling died 31.8.1822 aged 27. Ann Durling sister of the above died 13.1.1862 aged 57.
7. Ann the wife of Abraham Spooner of this parish died 16.4.1879 aged 62.
8. Richard Benge died 5.12.1879 aged 44.
9. Ann Weeks died 2.5.1828 aged 71. Thomas Weeks the husband of the above was for many years resident in the parish of St James, Westminster, died 10.4.1833 aged 81. Charles Weeks son of the above of the same place died 8.12.1863 aged 66.
10. William Saxon son of Thomas and Catherine Saxon of Northwich in Cheshire died IX August 1812 in his 21st year.
11. William Grantham died 19.10.1830 aged 30.
12. Frances Ann Pritchard daughter of Thomas and Phillipa Pritchard of this parish died 29.12.1832 aged 2 years.
13. Ann Keeble died June 20 1780 aged 56. Thomas Keeble, her husband, died 12.8.1792 aged 82. They had one daughter: Ann Perkin.
14. A small cross. Margaret, daughter of ....... (all gone.) c.1880.
The North part of the Churchyard
15. A tomb. Mr George Brooker formerly of this parish and late of St Paul's Cray died 26.8.1842 aged 80. Mary, his wife, died 6.3.1842 aged 80. Pitman Brooker only son of George and Mary Brooker died 24.4.1880 aged 80. Mary the widow of the above Pitman died 5.5.1891 aged 86.
16. Emily Amelia, wife of Theophilus Rhys Jones born 11.8.1847 died 13.12.1874. Also T.R.J. born 20.2.1839 died 31.12.1901.
17. Two curbs. No visible information.
18. " " " " "
19. Mr John Pettiford of this parish died 22.11.1843 aged 53.
20. Rachel Young died 6.10.1886 aged 68. Annie Watkins daughter of the above died 29.7.1890 aged 44.
21. A tomb within rails. Sarah the second sweet? daughter of the late William Richard Morris, esquire, of the Bombay Civil Service died at Sidcup Place 12.7.1854 aged 17.
22. A low altar. Mary wife of Mr John Tarling of this parish died ?5 February 1777 aged ?7- . Also John Tarling died 21 December 1791 aged 80.
23. A low tomb within rails. Isabella, the fourth daughter of James Cousens, esquire, of Sidcup House, died 4.10.1854. Also Caroline Cousens the mother of the above died 17.10.1857 aged 63. Mary Harriott daughter of the above and wife of Henry Smithes, esquire, of Blackheath, died 30.8.1858 aged 29. James Cousens, esquire, died 4.12.1861 aged 80. Henry Smithes, esquire, husband of the above died 25.5.1876 aged 56.
24. Ann widow of Mr James Smith of the Ordnance Department, Woolwich, died 12.4.1873 in his 86th year. Susanna Agnes Smith daughter of James and Ann Smith died 25.2.1877 aged 60. Isabella Smith died 18.8.1900 in her 80th year.
25. Francis Spittal, esquire, of H.M. Customs, London, third son of the late Sir James Spittal of Edinburgh died at Sidcup, Kent, 4.8.1847 aged 36.
26. Ann, wife of John Thomson of this parish died 17.8.1856 aged 63. John Thomson formerly of ?..ongla....[?Longlands] and late of Slinfold .... died 21.4.1875 aged 75.
27. Thomas Barrett of London died 9.3.1848 aged 60. Ann his wife died at Belvedere 25.3.1873 aged 85.
28. A low tomb. Kate Lancaster Cousens second daughter of James Cousens, esquire, of Sidcup House, died 14.12.1877 aged 59. Edward third son of the late James Cousens, esquire, died 13.2.1881 aged 57. Louisa youngest daughter of James Cousens, esquire, died 4.5.1881 aged 47.
29. A low tomb. James Cousens, esquire, of Blackheath, died 9.4.1867 aged 43. Catherine Cousens wife of the above died 26.10.1877 aged 58. Frances Ashmeade Edmonds wife of Richard Edmonds of New Cross, Surrey, died 9.11.1877 aged 57.
30. An altar - top. Judith Wright died 3.9.1749 aged 41. Isaac Wright died 9.10.1761 aged 61. William Penn died 7.10.1767 aged 76. Jane Penn died 30.9.1777 aged 69. Catherine Townsend died 1800 aged 45. Thomas Townsend died 1805 aged 53. Charles Townsend died 1807 aged 31. James Townsend died 1828 aged 79.
North side. Elizabeth Townsend wife of Theodore Townsend of Blackfen, Eltham East, born 19.2.1809 died 13.11.1883.
East side. Here lieth the remains of six children of Edward and Mary Townsend, viz. Elizabeth, Sarah, Abraham, Isaac, Judith and Margaret.
West side. .... ab.... W..... wife of .....s Elliot and niece of Theodore and Elizabeth Townsend died 30.5.1858 aged 27.
South side. Theodore Townsend youngest son of Thomas Townsend of Bromley, Kent, born 26.8.1800 died 12.8.1876.
31. Ann E. Rogerson, wife of C. Rogerson died 7.2.1909 aged 85. Jane Cater died 16.5.1913 aged 84.
32. John Knight Etherington died 3.5.1824 aged 35. John Knight Etherington son of the above and Elizabeth his wife died 16.7.1824 aged 2 years and 5 months. Elizabeth, wife of Mr John Knight Etherington of this parish and mother of the above J.K.E. died 21.4.1833 aged 44.
33. Mrs Hannah Mickeesfield died 21.12.1828 in her 65th year. Mr John Mickeesfield, her husband, died 8.3.1831 aged 65.
34. Walter Thomas child of William John and Emma Jull born 20.10.1862 died 13.2.1864. Arthur Rolfe, brother of the above born 28.8.1865 died 10.6.1866. Sarah Ann their sister born 7.4.1851 died 12.10.1868.
35. Edwin, son of William John and Emma Jull born 3.10.1849 died 23.3.1872. William Stephen Jull born 24.6.1857 died 3.12.1882.
36. Mrs Ruth Newman died 8.1.1868 aged 75.
37. Sophy Eliza Fox Strangways died 19.3.1870, widow of Thomas Fox Strangways, Brigadier General, R.A., killed at Inkerman, and Daughter of Benjamin Harenc Eser.
38. (a) Mary Ann Birch died 6.1.1887 aged 75.
(b) Edward Birch died 25.8.1887 aged 57.
(c) The Rev. Edwin Birch, late Rector of Windlesham, Surrey, died 13.8.1870 aged 72.
39. William Broome of this parish died 24.4.1854 aged 64 leaving a widow and issue surviving one son and two daughters. Mary daughter of the above died 15.3.1830 aged 5 months. Erected by Arthur Vansittart, esquire, of Footscray Place.
40. John Cater died 3.10 [no date] aged 37 and Ann Cater his mother died 3.12.1863 aged 69.
41. A coped cross. Charles Jefferies, Commander R.N. died 3.7.1875 aged 86.
42. An altar within rails with a coat of arms.
Johannis Maney armigeri
De Sedcop in hae parochia
Natus XIV Calendas Maii MDCLXXXIII
Denatus IV Nonas Decembris MDCCXLIII
43. Charlotte Westwood, wife of Samuel B.V. Asser died at Kemnal, Chislehurst, 19.11.1877 aged 37. Samuel Bayly Verney Asser died at Windlesham, Surrey, 2.2.1917 aged 33.
44. A tomb within rails, South side. The Rev. Edward Alexander Frederick Harenc, the third son of Benjamin Harenc, esquire, and Sophia Caroline his wife late of Footscray Place. Born 14.7.1814 married in 1841. Emily Letitia forth daughter of Captain Charles Rooke, R.A., and Emily his wife of Westwood House, Essex, who died at Broadstairs on 3.8.1853. Emily Letitia wife of the above born 2.4.1821 died 22.5.1899.
West end. Archibald Kempt Harenc Lieutenant R.N. born 21.1.1848 died 1.9.1878 from illness contracted on board Haig Narcissus second son of the late Rev. E.A.F. Harenc. Also his third son Herbert Benjamin Harenc born 30.5.1849 died 17.10.1878. Also his eldest son Charles Edward Harenc, Lt.-Col., late of the 5th Lancers and 4th Bengal Cavalry died 2.5.1903
North side. Julia Harenc second daughter of the Rev. Edward A.F. Harenc born 9.4.1845 died 4.10.1883. Also his youngest son Alexander Henry Berens Harenc died 29.3.1918.
45. E.W. 1816.
46. Mr George James, late of the parish of Chislehurst died 22.9.1800 aged 35. Mrs Elizabeth Wood wife of Mr James Wood and relict of the above died 20.3.1816 aged 46.
47. Mr Henry Stone of this parish died 22.10.1843 in his 45th year. He left issue four sons.
48. Mrs Jane Reed died 18.12.1828 aged 64.
49. A cross. Gabriel Roland Ruscombe Poole, Lt.-Col., late 12th Royal Lancers and formerly of the 5th Royal Irish Lancers died 5.11.1905. Also his wife Agnes Sealy Poole died December 24 1918.
50. A small cross. Douglas G. Mowat died 18.1.1879 in his 4th year.
51. Elizabeth Woodfull, daughter of Henry and Lucy Woodfull of this parish died 16.10.1829 aged 2. James Gardner Woodfull son of the above died 4.6.1837 aged 9 months. Mary Ann Woodfull daughter of the above died 13.7.1838 in her 10th year. Henry Woodfull father of the above died 17.3.1868 in his 86th year. Lucy, relict of the above died at Tenterden 20.12.1869 aged 72.
The Eastern part beginning at the vestry
52. Mrs Mary Ralph wife of Mr Solomon Wallis Ralph, late of Footscray, died 10.4.1827 aged 32.
53. Mr James Mandy died 8.1.1832 in his 80th year. Mrs Hannah Mandy, relict of the above died 10.11.1844 in her 91st year. Eleanor daughter of the above died 19.8.1845 aged 49.
54. Mr Daniel Mandy, builder, died 24.4.1855 in his 57th year. An exemplary inhabitant of this parish in which he was born, lived and died. Maria Mandy sister of the above died 21.10.1858 aged 65.
55. Mary Ann, daughter of Britain and Jane Francis died 18.10.1814 aged 6 years and 3 weeks.
56. Mr Brittain Francis died 20.6.1840 aged 70. Jane Francis widow of the above died 3.2.1859 aged 81.
57. Mr William Odell died 1.2.1846 aged 69.
58. E.O. 1836, E.W. 1841.
59. A table tomb. Mary wife of Henry Holt White of this parish, gentleman, died 5.6.1807 aged 34.
60. M.W. 1836.
Under East window
61. A flat stone within rails. Mrs Mary Hatley relict of Richard Hatley formerly of St Neots, Hunts., died 26.1.1833 aged 84. Katherine Martha Hatley daughter of the above died 22.6.1839. Mrs Elizabeth Warriner wife of the Rev. E.H. Warriner, rector of Footscray died 2.12.1848 aged 75. Rev. E.H. Warriner was for 58 years rector of this parish died 17.9.1861 aged 77.
62. A low tomb within rails. Mrs Elizabeth Madox wife of James Fuller Madox, gentleman, of Footscray died 6.9.1856 aged 64. Miss Marriana Stepheus died 15.5.1862 aged 54. The above James Fuller Madox, esquire, died at Greenwich, 13.9.1864 aged 75.
63. A coped tomb with a flat cross. Sir Richard Madox Bromley, K.C.B., of the Elms, Footscray, died 30.11.1865 aged 52. Clara his wife died 2.7.1891 aged 77.
64. A small cross at the foot of No. 63. R.B.S. 1866, R.B.S. 1868. Called home February 2 1866. Richard Bromley Sands aged 3 weeks. Robert Bromley Sands died 6.9.1868 aged 5 weeks.
65 Arthur Wicks 30 years the clerk of this parish died 8.2.1857 aged 66. Arthur Taylor, grandson of the above died 11.6.1866 aged 24.
66. A table tomb. Richard Taylor of the parish of East Greenwich in Kent, mariner, died 2.3.1776 aged 61. Mrs Elizabeth Taylor relict of the above and daughter of John and Mary Manning (late of this parish) died 26.10.1799 in her 82nd year. She left an only daughter, Mrs Sarah Madox of the same place who has seven daughters and one son.
Under the lee of the South transept
67. A flat iron slab. Here lyeth interred the body of Martin Manning, yeoman, who died 1 October 1656 aged 6(?8). Also Barbara the wife of Martin Manning died 5 April 1664 aged 67.
In spem resurrectronis.
68. Elizabeth Manning daughter of Richard and Ann Manning died 19.1.1804 in her 17th year.
69. Mrs Mary Swan daughter of Richard and Ann Manning and wife of John Swan died 9.4.1789 aged 41.
70. Mr Richard Manning of Eltham died 25.10.1795 aged 86.
71. Mrs Ann Manning wife of Mr Richard Manning died 23.12.1808 aged 88.
72. Sarah Kilby died 26.10.1817 aged 56.
73. Mr Granaway Brooker died 25.11.1781 aged 75. Anna wife of the above died 25.8.1794 aged 71. Also four children of the above viz. James, William, Benjamin and Samuel.
74. Mr Stephen Brooker junior, son of Stephen and Ann Maria Brooker of the parish of St. Paul's Cray aged 16 years. He was suddenly snatched from his beloved parents on the 5th evening of November 1808 by an unfortunate star from a roman candle.
75. Ann Maria wife of Stephen Brooker, yeoman, late of St Paul's Cray died 24.10.1824 aged 65.
76. William George Fulcher of New Cross Road, formerly of St Mary Cray died 11.3.1887 in his 93rd year.
77. Mr George Brooker of St Mary Cray, surgeon, son of the late Stephen and Anna Maria Brooker died 17.12.1825 in his 24th year. Also Mrs Anna Maria Fulcher wife of Mr William George Fulcher of St Paul's Cray and sister of the above died 8.8.1853 aged 65. Frederick William Fulcher grandson of the above died 5.8.1861 aged 21 days. Fredericka Brooker Fulcher granddaughter of the above died 26.11.1866 aged 2 months. Mr Frederick Brooker Fulcher of Orpington, surgeon, son of the above died 24.11.1869 aged 47.
78. An altar - top. Ann Brooker daughter of Joseph and Mary Brooker of the parish of Chelsfield died 19.3.1825 aged 22. Mr Joseph Brooker of Chelsfield and father of the above died 17.4.1832 aged 74. Mrs Mary Brooker wife of Mr Joseph Brooker died 6.12.1834 in his 65th year. Amy, forth daughter of the above Joseph and Mary Brooker died 21.12.1841 in her 37th year. Also Joseph Chapman eldest son of the above Joseph and Mary Brooker died 2.9.1846 aged 46.
North side. Also Jane, youngest daughter of the above Joseph and Mary Brooker died 20.6.1881 in her 73rd year.
West end. Samuel Brooker of Tubbenden, Farnborough in this County, youngest son of the above Joseph and Mary Brooker of the Lillies, Chelsfield, died 25.7.1872 aged 66.
South side. Mary second daughter of the above Joseph and Mary Brooker died 12.10.1866 in her 65th year. Elizabeth eldest daughter of the above Joseph Brooker and widow of the late William Key of Blackheath in her 76th year of her age died 17.2.1872.
79. Ann wife of John Knight, citizen and goldsmith of London died 30.10.1780 aged 26.
80. Nicholas Manning of this parish died 3.9.1782 aged 86.
81. A flat stone. Francis Manning 1696.
82. ...............Eliza Carter .....12 lines of verse or exordium
"dimpling in her cheek" &c. Apparently died 4 July 1813. Erected by her friend and guardian Mr Christopher Hull of this pariah.
83. An altar. Christopher Hull, esquire, of Sedcup House in this parish and member of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple died 31.7.1814 aged 66. Also Charlotte daughter of Major General Macky who died 9.9.1814 aged 26.
84. John Edlin Tuach son of Francis and Mary Tuach of St Mary Magdalene, Bermondsey, died 18.9.1816 aged 13. Also the above Francis Tuach died 28.3.1837 aged 75. Mary wife of the last named Francis Tuach died 20.5.1841 in her 71st year.
85. Albert Coleborn died 23.5.1891 aged 55.
86. Elizabeth Coleborn died suddenly 7.12.1878 aged 70. Thomas Coleborn died 18.5.1901 in his 93rd year.
87. Mrs Milborough Cavell, wife of Mr Thomas Cavell of Dartford in this county and youngest daughter of Hugh Bennett, paper-maker of this parish died 22.5.1804 aged 34, of a long and painful illness. Erected by her husband.
88. Mr Thomas Cavell late and for many years resident of the parish of Dartford died 13 June 1816 in his 52nd year. Exordium.
89. Mr Hugh Bennett late of this parish died 30.1.1792 aged 69. Also Hugh Bennett son of the above died 29.5.1791 aged four.
90. Elizabeth daughter of Hugh and Mary Bennett of this parish died 21.1.1781 aged 22. The above Mary wife of Hugh Bennett died 5.8.1784 aged 58. Left issue four sons and three daughters: William, Moses, James, George, Mary, Eleanor and Milborough.
91. An altar. Mr Thomas Stains died 22.4.1832 aged 82. Mrs Hannah Stains his wife died 23.1.1839 in her 79th year. Sarah Ann Stains daughter of Thomas and Hannah Stains of this parish died 28 December 1795 aged 2 years, 3 months and 5 days. Elizabeth Rutland wife of William Rutland of the parish of River near Dover died in this parish 16.9.1820 aged 39. Likewise five daughters: viz Elizabeth, Charlotte, Selina, Emma Woodfell and Sarah Ann. Also Charles Robert Stains died 10.3.1842 aged 11 months. Also William Charles Stains died 9.9.1842 aged 4 months. Also William Stains died 3.7.1847 aged 2 months. Also Emma Woodfull Rutland died 29.12.1847 aged 28 years.
92. Mr William Bennett late of this parish died 12.10.1817 aged 6(?4).
93. Mrs Eleanor Parcell died 30.5.1829 in her 63rd year.
94. George Lugton son of Andrew and Mary Lugton died 15.7.1828 aged 13 months.
95. A cross. John S. Banks died 8.11.1877 aged 48. Mary his wife died 11.9.1908 aged 64.
96. Mrs Jane Taylor died 25.7.1837 in her 64th year. Mr Thomas Taylor died 21.6.1840 aged 41. Mr John Taylor died 6.3.1849 in his 79th year.
97. An altar tomb. Joseph Hall son of Joseph Hall of Maidstone died 2 February 1747. Will Hall son of the above Joseph Hall died 1 October .... aged 67. Elizabeth Hall daughter of the above Will Hall died October 1771. Elizabeth Hall widow of the above Will Hall died 17 November 1779 aged 48. Stephen Hall son of the above William Hall died 14 August 1809 aged 82. Mary Hall wife of the above Stephen Hall died 12 May 1809 aged 70.
98. Stephen Frith of the parish of Deptford, gentleman, son of Stephen and Elizabeth Frith of this parish died 29 January 1733 aged 80. Footstone: S.F. 1733/4.
99. A flat stone. In memory of Master James Scriven son of Gib..o... and Mary Scriven of S....... this ... ane charm.....December....
Also......... And also...... Mary Scriven ..... March (?1717).
100. A small... Mary Rob.... Laing three months old died at Longlands 7 March 1810.
101. Thomas Donaldson of Horselydown, Southwark and of Longlands in this parish died 9.2.1848 in his 44th year.
102. An altar stone broken. Here lyeth interred ye body of Thomas Engeir, gentleman, who departed this life September 11 1720 aged 54. Here also lyeth William Engier who departed this life 9 July 1721 aged (?57) years. [see Lysons Environs, L.L.D.).
103. Ann May daughter of Richard and May of this parish died 13.9.1825 in her 17th year. Also their children who died in their infancy. Also Elizabeth sister of the above died 23.9.1832 aged 26. Also Mrs Mary May mother of the above died 29.11.1836 aged 67. Also Mr Richard May husband of the above died 9.8.1844 aged 86.
104. William Antoine Devin died 18.8.1826 aged 21. Mrs Maria Devin died December 1828 aged 57.
105. An altar. Mrs Barbara Tinslay died 21.4.1810 aged 49. A tender mother &c. Mr John Tinslay her husband died 12.1.1814 aged 64.
106. An altar. Mr William Marmaduke Constable died 21.10.1809 aged 37. His virtues were many, his vices few. Ann Buchanan wife of William Ralph Buchanan and daughter of John Tinslay died 8.4.1863 aged 69. Also Mary Ackland relict of the above William Marmaduke Constable died 16.9.1863 in his 86th year.
107. Mrs Elizabeth Green died 5 August 1867 aged 77 leaving three sons and two daughters.
108. William son of Thomas and Mary Langley of this parish died 23.10.1817 aged 18 years and 6 months.
109. Mr James King died 23.12.1861 aged 44 leaving a widow and four children. Sarah youngest daughter of the above died 1.10.1854 aged 6 years and 9 months. Mary Ann widow of the above died 25.11.1871 aged 51.
110. Elizabeth Prewett daughter of Abr. and Elizabeth Prewett died 3 February 1809 aged 5. Also William Prewett son of the above died 31.3.1810 aged 2 years.
111. Mrs Mary Smith died 1 July 1785 aged 75.
112. Mrs Mary Lee died 8.3.1784 aged 64. Elizabeth Tinslay died 8.2.1785 aged 3 years and 4 months. Sarah Tinslay died 18.3.1785 aged 22 months.
113. Elizabeth Wood wife of Thomas Furlonger of this parish died 8 February 1735/6 aged 58.
114. William Walton of Clapham, Surrey, died 30.8.1858 aged 46. Ann Elizabeth Walton daughter of the above died 16.9.1847 aged 6 years. Jane Walton daughter of the above died 22.2.1848 aged 8 months. Ann Walton wife of the above died 20.3.1878 aged 69.
115. An altar. Mr William Budgen late of this parish died 21.5.1792 aged 82. Mrs Eleanor Budgen his wife died 18.11.1791 aged 82.
116. Lydia Apps wife of Mr Thomas Apps died 9.12.1827 aged 75. Mr Thomas Apps died 18.7.1835 in his 83rd year. Frances Ruth Apps late of this parish and daughter of the above died 2.12 ,1864 aged 73.
117. Knightly Blesset of this parish died 29 May 1762 aged 76.
118. Mr Edward Edmonds died 30.7.1825 in his 43rd year.
119. Sally Coppenger daughter of Seymour and Sarah Coppenger of this parish died 2.10.1820 in her 28th year.
120. Mary Hook daughter of Thomas and Ann Hook of this parish died 25.7.1844 in her 39th year.
121. Thomas Nicholson died 9.11.1832 aged 75 leaving four sons and two daughters: William, Mary, Jane, Richard, Joseph and Charles. Mary widow of the above died 26.5.1841 aged 75. Thomas Nicholson son of the above died 20.7.1817 aged 26.
122. Mrs Susannah Hisman wife of Mr Thomas Hisman and relict of Mr John Mumford died 23.9.1823 aged 60.
123. Mr John Mumford died 30.9.1800 aged 35. Mrs Elizabeth Mumford mother of the above died 14.9.1784 aged 45.
124. Mr William Edmonds late of this parish died 26.8.1788 aged 40. Mr William Edmonds father of the above died 24.3.1800 aged 82. Sarah Coppinger wife of Seymour Coppinger and relict of the above William Edmonds died 20.11.1845 in her 63rd year. William Edmonds son of the above died 22.3.1819 aged 41. Mr Seymour Coppinger died 18.11.1831 aged 72.
124a.Footstones: W.E. 1788, W.E. 1800.
125. Mr Thomas Simpson died 7.4.1829 aged 32. Mrs Amelia Simpson wife of the above died 31.8.1832 aged 56. Elizabeth Ann daughter of the above died 29.8.1831 aged 2 years and 3 months.
126. James Benge late of this parish died 3.7.1793 aged 59. Elizabeth Benge wife of the above died 11.7.1793 aged 59. They left issue three sons and three daughters: Elizabeth, Mary, Sarah, James, William and George.
127. By the family of the late Sir Perceval Hart Dyke, Bt., to the memory of their esteemed servant Seymour Coppinger Benge who died 3.4.1864 aged 82.
128. Footstone: L.M. 1807.
129. Louis Merrefield died 2.4.1829 aged 19. Louisa Merrefield his sister died 22.4.1807 aged 4 years. Mr Robert Merrefield their father died 5.8.1833 aged 55.
130. William Wallace for many years servant to Benjamin Harnal, esquire, who benevolence and charity rendered him comfortable in his old age. He died 16.11.1807 aged 81.
Stones by the lychgate
131. A cross. Samuel Nash born 12.7.1833 died 9.10.1903. Eliza Nash born 15.11.1834 died 24.4.1910.
132. A cross. Sarah Ann Reeve died 26.12.1895 aged 60. Jessie daughter of the above died 11.12.1905 aged 31.
133. A cross. Francis William Tompkins born 13.2.1902 died 7.2.1903.
134. A coped granite cross. Sarah New wife of John New died 14.9.1918 aged 81. John New died 18.4.1918 aged 85.
135. A cross. Hugo Lee Harding, priest, died 30.9.1916 aged 62.
136. Curbed. Eliza widow of Robert Williams Soady died 5.3.1906 aged 88.
137. Curbed. Thomas Best Bell died St Peter's Day 1900 aged 53.
138. A small cross. Ellen Mason died 12.1.1901 aged 51.
139. Mary Ann Greenfield died 12.12.1902 aged 44.
140. A cross. Blanche wife of Frank Powell died 19.10.1902. Francis Frederick (Frank) Powell died 25.3.1908 aged 58, husband of the above.
The remaining stones in the new (Eastern part) are all modern and date from about 1880 and are not included here.
On the floor of the nave before the quire step is a coat of arms.
A crest of a goat truppant with coronet on neck. A shield of a lion rampant surmounted by 3 cinquefoils.
141. A shield to the memory of George Russell, late of Christchurch in Surrey and of Longlands in this parish, esquire, died 8.4.1804 in his 69th year.
142. In the North chapel are several modern monuments to the Harenc family of Footscray Place.
143. At the West end a mural tablet to William Smith, rector, who died 4.8.1765 erected by Mary his relict.
144. Memorial to the Rev. Enoch Hodgkinson Warriner for nearly half a century rector and curate who died at the rectory 17.9.1861 aged 77. Erected by the parishioners.
145. At St Paul's Cray on a row of four cottages near the church are two tablets:- B B
P. F. W. S.
An index of the Footscray M.I.s.
Compiled by Zena Bamping
Harenc, 37, 44, 142.
Hart Dyke, 127.
Hull, 82, 83.
Jull, 34, 35.
Madox, 62, 66.
Mandy, 53, 54.
Manning, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 80, 81.
Mumford, 122, 123.
Smith, 24, 111, 143.
Taylor, 65, 66, 96.
Tinslay, 105, 106, 112.
Warriner, 61, 144.
Wood, 46, 113.
Wright, 30.Young, 20.
E.W., 45, 58.
East Greenwich, 66.
Footscray Place, 44.
Horselydown, Southwark, 101.
Kemnal, Chislehurst, 43.
Lillies, Chelsfield, 78.
London, 25, 27, 79.
Longlands, 100, 101, 141.
New Cross, Surrey, 29.
New Cross Road, 76.
Northwich, Cheshire, 10.
River, near Dover, 91.
Sedcup House, 83.
Sidcup, 25, 42.
Sidcup Place, 21.
Sidcup House, 23, 28.
St Paul's Cray, 15, 74, 75, 77.
St Neots, Hunts, 61.
St James', Westminster, 9.
St Mary Cray, 76, 77.
The Elms, 63.
Tubbenden, Farnborough, 78.
Westwood House, Essex, 44.
Windlesham, Surrey, 38, 43.
For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent Archaeological Society click here
Back to Churchyards Listed Back to Library and Visual Records Back to Research Back to Homepage
Kent Archaeological Society is a registered
charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2001
This website is constructed by
enthusiastic amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to
received so that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please send details too email@example.com