Below is a transcription of the un-numbered pages at the
end of Volume VII
of Mr L.L. Duncan's notebook on the Martin Family.
Noted by Leland L. Duncan
Typed up by Zena Bamping
Churchyard, North side of Nave near
1. George Martin, yeoman, of this Parish died 8 December 1818 aged 69. Elizabeth
his wife died 21 June 1830 aged 85. Left surviving 4 sons and 2 daughters viz
William, Thomas, Samuel, Elizabeth, John and Mary.
A little to the East of the above
2. Sarah daughter of George & Elizabeth
Martin of this Parish died 7 March 1801 aged 16. George son of above George
& Elizabeth Martin died 20 April 1811 aged 39. Left surviving 4 sons and 1
daughter viz George, William, Sarah, Thomas and Richard.
On the North side of the Chancel a few yards
East of the last two - in a row.
3. Ann wife of Thomas Martin of this Parish died 30 December 1765 aged 56.
The said Thomas Martin, yeoman, died 15 August 1770 aged 69.
4. Elizabeth Martin daughter of Thomas and Ann Martin died 17 August 1785
aged 53. aged 76.
5. John Martin of this Parish died 22 April 1763 aged 89. Sarah wife of
John Martin of this Parish died 5 January 1751 aged 76.
Going Northwards come to the two following
enclosed in an iron railing with a large yew tree.
6. Thomas and William Martin sons of
Thomas and Susanna Martin. Thomas died 29 March 1771 aged 8 months. William died
4 August 1772 aged 3 years & 6 months, Also Ann their daughter died 5 April
1773 aged 1 year and 8 months.
7. Thomas Martin of this Parish, yeoman, died 18 August 1789 aged 56. Left
issue 1 son and 2 daughter - Thomas, Sarah and Susanna. Also Susanna his wife
died 2 March 1794 aged 56.
The following still going Northwards.
8. Mr William Martin of Hawden in the
Parish of Tunbridge died 11 October 1781 aged 43. Also Mary his wife died 23 May
1786 aged 47. Left 1 son and 2 daughters viz Elizabeth, Sarah and Thomas.
9. John Martin died 26 March 1779 aged 53. Also Hester wife of the above
died 2 December 1788 aged 47. Also Stephen their son died 17 November 1790 aged
23. Left issue 4 sons viz Thomas, John, Stephen and William.
To the East of the Chancel amidst the
10. Elizabeth wife of Thomas Martin,
daughter of John Stanford of this Parish by Sarah his wife died 31 August 1726
aged 26 years.
Index of Names and Places