SOCIETY -- RESEARCH Studying and sharing Kent's past Homepage
index of names and
places at end
to Churchyards listed
Below is a transcription of the un-numbered pages at the
end of Volume VII
of Mr L.L. Duncan's notebook on the Martin Family.
Noted by Leland L. Duncan
Typed up by Zena Bamping
1. Elizabeth daughter of William and Mary Martin of this Parish died 25 May
1793 aged 22.
2. William Martin of this Parish died 6 February 1804
aged 66. Also Mary his wife died 24 September 1809 aged 66. Left issue 3 sons
and 4 daughters viz Andrew, William, John, Mary, Ann, Susanna and Sarah.
3. Susanna daughter of William and Mary Martin of this
Parish died 28 January 1806 aged 28.
4. Sophia Martin daughter of John and Ann Martin died 23
April 1808 aged 7.
East of the Chancel.
5. Susanna Martin late of East Peckham died 8 December 1833
6. Next is a row of Hubble tombs. The stone next to Mrs
Martin's is to Sarah wife of Thomas Hubble who died 14May 1801 aged 24. Left
one daughter, Ann. Thomas Hubble died 29.4.1831 aged 57.
7. One of the Hubbles (Thomas, who died 14 January 1773 aged
73 and Elizabeth his wife who died 31 July 1764 aged 59) had a son John who died
4 September 1763 aged 37 and a son Martin and daughter Elizabeth all of whom
In the new part to the West
8. George Martin died 1 December 1910 aged 69. R.I.P.
Index of Names and Places
Hubble 6, 7.
Martin 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
East Peckham 5
For details about the advantages of membership of the Kent
Archaeological Society click
Churchyards Listed Back
to Library and Visual Records Back
to Research Back to Homepage
Archaeological Society is a registered charity number 223382
© Kent Archaeological Society 2002
This website is constructed by enthusiastic
amateurs. Any errors noticed by other researchers will be to gratefully
received so that we can amend our pages to give as accurate a record as possible. Please
send details too