The shield 7½inch x 6½inch and is incised on a blue ledger stone
36inch x 25½inch; fixed against the north wall of the chancel just
without the communion rails.
Arms: [Azure] within a bordure [or] a falcon rising
with wings displayed and belled [or] for KITCHELL impaling [argent] a
pile issuing from the chief within two piles from the base [sable] for
Spe Resurgendi jacet in hoc tumulo Maria KITCHELL
uxor Edwardi Kitchell Genersi Societatis Novi Hospitii in comitatu Middx
comensalis illa invida morti correpta quae omnibus suavis erat &
nemini noxia usque felicium mortalium resurrectionem in hoc sepulturo
occlusa est aetatis suae 20 ano cri 1656 vita supplicio data est mors
Note: Edward Kitchell was a member of the New Inn, St
Clement Danes. His Will was dated 1 July 1657 and proved 22 May 1658.
The largest stone was originally on the floor of the church but was cut
down and placed in its present position.
Rubbed Jan 5 1935 by Nicholas Eyare Toke